Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Orchard in Bloom

I had seen advertisements for a garden show called "Orchard in Bloom" and was lucky enough to convince the hubby to take me. :) I'm so glad I did. Aside from B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L flowers (have you ever heard of Begonia's-such a cool word- or Ranunculus?) I've never seen before, they had some fun boutiques and specialty stores. One of my favorite shops was a place called Artisano's Oils and Spices. I'm am SO glad they have a store front, because they have Tangerine infused Balsamic vinegar!!! (Is your mouth watering yet?) Another awesome find there is Blood Orange infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Wow. This is going to take my vinaigrette's to a whole new level.

A gorgeous salmon/yellow Begonia...

A white and magenta tinged dahlia...

"Events in Bloom" tent...





A cool, vintage shop called "Uber"-I thought the gold pig was awesome. Also has a store front...


Another shop with bright, bold colors and fun accessories...



This one used feathers in all kinds of different ways, including wreaths! I loved them...

And watercolors...

And live entertainment...(this guy was kinda like Johnny Cash...weird, right?)

And so many beautiful flowers in gorgeous colors...



Have you ever seen a leaf like this? It's all twisted...

And a rune-type fountain that apparently didn't work...


It was a wonderful Saturday! What kind of cool, local things do you have going on in your town?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. We went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point but it is nowhere NEAR this. Gorgeous!