Tuesday, March 8, 2011

El Cheapo 3: The Little Gingerbread House

This is not a "new" project, but it's one I haven't seen in the blogosphere yet. I loathe making gingerbread houses because the cookie crumbles, doesn't fit like it should, and is an all around pain in the rear. This simple solution makes my holiday's happier, because I can just wash it and reuse it for any occasion!

Materials:
1-4X8 sheet masonite board, 1/4" thick-just under $7 (I count this as a $5 craft because I'm using the rest of the masonite for a different project later on this month
A permanent marker
Gingerbread house pattern, downloaded and cut out (from the internet)

1. Have the nice man at the hardware store cut it into 3 sections for you. Download your favorite gingerbread pattern from the internet and cut it out. *I didn't provide a pattern b/c I've been having problems with my scanner and I don't know how to do it any other way. Sorry!


2. Trace your pattern pieces on the masonite, being careful to not overlap the pieces.


3. Give lots of kisses and hugs to your man and ask him very politely while wearing high heels and a little black dress if he will cut out your gingerbread house (using a jigsaw) for you. :) Or do it yourself, which is a lot less fun for you both.


4. Now your house is ready to decorate! Mine is not decorated due to the insane amounts of sickness in the family recently. Just use your imagination. Ha ha!

No comments: