Saturday, March 19, 2011

El Cheapo 6: Easy Box Pleat Tshirt

My apologies! I am so sorry that I wasn't on top of life and didn't get this posted in time. I wasn't actually going to post this one till next week, but I'm still working out kinks on the other project. At any rate, I love how quick and easy this shirt is. It took all of 5 minutes to hand sew, so it is easily done in a nap time.

Materials:
1-shirt ($5 from Down East Basics, on sale)
matching thread and needle
straight pins

1. Take your shirt and find the center, marking it with a straight pin. Then make a box pleat that is 1 1/4" wide. Pin it well.




2. Using your needle and thread, sew (a running stitch) right underneath the surged edge, making sure to catch all layers of fabric.


3. You're done!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cute and easy way to spiff up a plain ol' shirt! I just picked up a bunch of "irregular" cap sleeve shirts from our local Mod Bod outlet and I will definitely be doing this to them now!