Tuesday, March 22, 2011

El Cheapo 7: Personalized Picture Frame

This project didn't turn out how I thought it would. But I still like it. :) I wanted to have a personalized picture frame to hang in Larzy's room, and this popped into my head. I think if I were to do it over again, I would make his name larger. I also liked this project because it has endless possibilities! Like flowers surrounding a little girl's picture, or one labeled "grandpa", etc. This would make a great gift for grandparents!

Materials:
1-picture frame ($3.50 at Target)
scrap vinyl or letter stickers
etching cream from a friend or purchase it (lots cheaper with a 50% off coupon at Joann's)
Tape
Foam brush

1. Take the glass out of the frame and tape of a square large enough to hold your letters.


2. Apply the etching cream to the taped off space with the foam brush, making sure to follow the application directions given on the bottle. After about 3 minutes, rinse off your glass with tap water and wipe dry with widow cleaner. Peel off the tape.


3. Lay your vinyl letters in the predetermined position and adhere.


4. Put it all together and you're done!

No comments: