Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ultimate Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches



*Okay, I have no idea why the colors look so weird in this picture.*

Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches are one of my favorite foods. Sandwiched between crusty, chewy bread spread with cream cheese and a light sprinkle of garlic, I stack layers and layers of juicy, flavorful roast beef, carmelized onions, green bell peppers and Swiss cheese. This heavenly sandwich is pressed to perfection in my Breville panini maker and dunked in hot au jus. I was officially referred to as "Da Bomb" by my friends husband after I brought this in for dinner.


Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches


1 Como loaf, sliced 3/4" thick
1 large green bell pepper, sliced thin
1 medium purple onion, sliced thin
1/2 lb thin sliced roast beef
1/4 lb medium sliced Swiss cheese
4 oz. cream cheese
garlic powder
1 can beef consumme
*sliced mushrooms, optional

Put the beef consumme in a small saucepan with equal parts water. Bring to a simmer. Saute peppers, onions, and *mushrooms till the natural sugars are brought out. Spread cream cheese on bread slices and very lightly sprinkle with garlic. Stack roast beef, cheese, and veggies on the prepared bread slices. Press in panini press. Serve the sandwiches with the hot consumme.

No comments: