Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Handmade Valentine's Wreath

I've made an executive decision. I am not going to promise anything super specific, because Murphy steps in and messes everything up. :) I had this all ready to go on Saturday, but the hubs had a lot of church responsibilities come up last minute so I wasn't able to get it all put together. Anyway, here is my tutorial on how to make a fun, easy, handmade Valentines wreath. This isn't like some Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade kinda thing. This is built from the ground up. :) Good luck and have fun making and personalizing your own wreath!

Materials:

40-60 thin sticks of varying lengths (12-18")
1 roll of 30 gauge floral wire
Wire cutters
Your choice of 4-5 bunches of long floral stems
3 wool felt flowers

1. Bunch of sticks


2. Throw your sticks in a water bath to help them soften up and become more pliable.


3. Take short lengths of wire and begin to bind two sticks on top of each other so that the sick on the bottom is sticking out further than the top one.


4. Bind them together in this way so they begin to form a circle.






5. Connect your circle of twigs with wire in the same way you've been tying them together. This should give you a full circle, but it is still "rough".


6. Weave the longer branches in and out of your wreath base, and let them stick way out so your wreath looks full and wispy. Tie them down and the base, not on the wispy parts.


7. Take your long floral stems and pull of the leaves. Using your wire cutters, cut off long stems.


8. Weave in the long floral stems. I wove mine so that they lay with the long branches that stuck out.


9. You can also weave the floral stems around the center of the wreath like I did, or just leave it! I add three white felt flowers to make it a little more dressy.

You're done!

1 comment:

Gage said...

Meghan told me about this craft blog of yours. Oh my gosh - their is some super cute stuff. You are SO talented. I only wish that I could do some of these things. Way to be. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dangle earrings. I think I might have to learn how to make them. I'm exciting I found your blog.