Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pearlized T-Shirt


This is my little way of saying thanks for reading! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to share this with you FINALLY!!! I've had it mostly finished for some time, but life has been complicated and I haven't had the time to finish it until earlier this week. I've tried to be very clear in the directions, but if it is confusing, please let me know. :)

Materials:
1 t-shirt
1-2 pkg. Large glass pearls
1-2 pkg. small glass pearls
Interfacing
Thread



1. Using a bowl, create a half moon shape (doesn't have to fit very well-you can trim it if it peeks out the top) and pin it to the inside of your shirt.


2. Tie a double knot in your thread (2 strings thick) and sew your pearls randomly in a crescent shape. It should be thicker near the center and thinner near the shoulders.


3. When you run out of thread, you'll need to tie it off securely. On the inside of the shirt pick up a few threads of interface/fabric...


4. Before pulling tight, thread the needle through the loop you just created...


5. Thread the needle through the loop you just made (the 2nd loop) and pull tight.


6. You're done!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! How do the pearls hold up in the wash?

Aubrielle said...

Lu, the pearls hold up really well. Because they are glass and not the plastic, they don't seem too loose their coating and they don't melt. I never use plastic ones for that reason. :)

Wani said...

This is SO cute!!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing! I love it!! x

Aubrielle said...

Thanks Wani and nikkijoy! I hope that it will inspire you to make one of your own!

Unknown said...

I will keep an eye out for glass pearls, then! I'm glad you mentioned the whole plastic melting and losing coating thing because I am a cheapskate and would have been sorely tempted, I am sure!

Anonymous said...

I love all your projects, you are really an inspiration with your two littel angels and your busy schedule. I love reading all about your great ideas!